Ever since word broke that a new Sade album was due out in 2010, there have been many a wanting ear yearning to know what the decade long wait since Lovers Rock would hold. The soulfully funky English outfit's 6th studio album, Soldier of Love, will be out February 8, worldwide.


Three months to the date prior to the album release, the first official single, of the same name as the offering, is officially released. Solider of Love begins with a whoosh, a horn, and a heavy drum beat...all within the first 10 seconds of play.

From the official release:
"Sade co-produced the single Soldier of Love with Mike Pela and it was written by Sade along with longtime collaborators Andrew Hale, Stuart Matthewman and Paul Spencer Denman. The track, featuring a pulsating and anthemic drum beat along with the haunting vocals that Sade is known for, is set to hit airwaves on December 8th."

Hauntingly anthemic and pulsating indeed! My favorite part rings in when Sade begins a pleading chant at the 1:39 mark...

I've been torn up inside (oh!) // I've been left behind (oh!)
So I ride // I've the will to survive


Easily, I've got my track to obsess over for the day. Get in on it!

mp3: Sade - Soldier of Love