Swedish/Dane, RebekkaMaria, first fell across our desks around this time last year with her brand of inspired and intrgiuing blisspop. Formerly known as AsInRebekkaMaria, the chanteuse nixed the (sorry, yes it was annoying) "AsIn", and has new songs to prove she can stand up to her solo name status.


Rad man, Raj, over at EQ got the dish on the happenings...

"The first album went of in just one tangent so to speak. It didn’t represent me as a complete artist, which is one of the reasons why I erased the prefix As In. That is also why the coming album is much more personal and containing a greater depth than Queen of France. When I am writing music I need silence and solitude. While being alone and away from the city noise, I get in touch with sides of myself that I am not use to in my daily life. For me nature makes a whole other kind of noise."

You know what, we still love her either way...although typing her name is world's easier without the prefix and cheers to that!

Her new single, Oh Solitude, was released with the b-side, Robin Parts, which mixes modern Danish artists with classic composers in a new symphonic sound. Both are highly recommended and definitely Beaston approved!

mp3: RebekkaMaria - Oh Solitude
mp3: RebekkaMaria - Robin Parts