A few years ago, I was going through this really strange phase where I felt like I was born in the wrong decade. I somehow had this super strong connection to all things lavishly disco-centric, which included vivid daydreams and mirages of me being at Studio 54. So what's that got to do with Florence and the Machine?


In the just released video for You've Got the Love, we see Florence in all her glittery glory atop a spinning crescent, all very reminiscent of the extravagance of the days of "hustling yore". Watch the gorgeous video now.


I wonder how mad my boss would be if I installed a huge rotating moon and permanent smoke machine in my office. I feel like something like that could easily be budgeted for, no?

Florence and the Machine hit Bowery Ballroom on Tuesday, October 27. The show is sold out, so for whomever has tickets, I suppose just view this as a nifty little reminder!

mp3: Florence and the Machine - You've Got the Love (Steve Pitron and Max Sanna Remix)