Last year, I wrote a quick hit on Be Your Own Pet. Almost immediately thereafter, they broke up. I'll take the blame? I'll also take the credit, since ex-BYOP singer, Jemina Pearl, has launched off into her own career. (I hope you know I'm kidding with all that...I just felt like I needed a good intro).


Jemina released her solo debut, Break It Up, on October 6 to a flurry of immediate praise. The release is a mix of punky jams and riff heavy ragers.
Yesterday, Stereogum premiered the video for Pearl's lead single, I Hate People. The song features Iggy Pop on chorus vocals, however the video is sans the muscled man, but adds the radness of the gangly Thurston Moore.



Jemina Pearl hits NYC on November 5, opening for Islands at Bowery Ballroom. Tickets here.

mp3: Jemina Pearl (featuring Iggy Pop) - I Hate People

BONUS! More Iggy Pop to jumpstart your "eww, it's still raining" Friday.

mp3: Iggy Pop (featuring Peaches) - Motor Inn (Felix Da Housecat's High Octane Mix) [Tommie Sunshine Edit]