And it's...Mowgli's Road! If you'll recall, nearly a year ago to the day, seriously, it was September 24, 2008, that I wrote and raved about a new demo Marina and the Diamonds had floating around. It was the prior mentioned and literally just announced first official single from Diamonds' camp, Mowgli's Road.


Here's what Marina has to say.

I am proud to announce that my first ‘official’ single is going to be ‘Mowgli’s Road’.

After playing around 27 festival dates this summer, “Mowgli’s” was definitely one of the crowd favourites and it is 100% representative of me as an artist, an individual and a creative spirit. The song is inspired by my personal experiences of trying to forge my own artistic identity within music.

It’s been reworked and dazzled (don’t worry, it hasn’t changed TOO much) by Liam Howe and myself and… I’ve also got a surprise in the form of a little b-side for you too.. more on that soon!

Recording the video in ten days and being the snorefest that I am, can’t reveal anything on that either but I just wanted to say that I am REALLY excited!!!!! It’s been a long time coming.

Mowgli’s Road will be released on November 2nd 2009 through Atlantic Records.

I’m not sure when I can let you guys hear the single but i’ll find out and make sure all you mailing list members get first chance listen.


Got all that down? The song has been reworked a bit, and there is a video we should see soon. Magical!

You can read what we wrote last year regarding the track, and then gobble up that demo from said time. It's still fantastically eccentric and unique.

mp3: Marina and the Diamonds - Mowglis Road (demo)