Five time Grammy winner Amy Winehouse might've had/has a slew of professional, personal and public problems, but now she's got another baby to worry about. Winehouse follows the enormous success of her album Back To Black, with today's launch of her own record label, Lioness Records.


Inspired by Berry Gordy’s Motown, and The Specials’ 2Tone label, Amy wanted to create a label where she could sign and work closely with a small roster of artists she really believed in. The first release on the new imprint will be Introducing Dionne Bromfield, the debut album from the 13 year old Londoner.

Winehouse notes: “The first time I heard Dionne sing, I couldn’t believe what I was hearing… such an amazing voice from such a young girl. I’m just so proud of her. I’m very lucky to have a record label. I’ve got all these people that I love, that are really talented – and Dionne is my number one”.

The launch of Lioness Records coincides with a "new-look" Winehouse web site...and hopefull new music from this troubly talented gal.

mp3: Amy Winehouse - Back to Black (The Rumble Strips Remix)