I hate to cut this short, but I am beyond swamped at work and forgot to post this in advance like a good little nerd last night. OY!

We got some great responses from some well known names, and yes they all divulged and entertained us with their answers to what is the...



Felix da Housecat, DJ and producer: Sam Cooke - A Change is Gonna Come
"Saddest song but so real. Reaches down in ya bones and pulls thee life right outta ya!"

Rachel Sklar, famed NYC Media Blogger and Author: Joni Mitchell - A Case of You
"..."

Jess, from Spinner: The Smiths - I Know It's Over
"Best song to cry to..."

James Leon, musician: ABBA - The Winner Takes It All
"The most heartbreaking and believable break-up song ever!"

Cozmo, of Streetlab: Radiohead - How To Disappear Completely
"I don't cry - EVER! I havent met the right girl yet. But if I did cry, I think I would cry to that."

FJ, from Ohh Crapp: Rebekah Del Rio - Crying (Llorando)
"Without a doubt...terrifyingly beautiful! "

Brad, from MuuMuse: Sigur Ros - Saeglopur
"I literally cannot listen to Takk... without crying, but this one does it for me especially. Sounds like fading youth..."

Pasta Primavera, from Pasta Primavera: Ben Folds - The Luckiest
"Because I'm a cheeseball sappy sucker."

Anthony, from Tastes Like Caramel: Arcade Fire - Cold Wind
"Listening to the song alone makes my throat tighten up, especially with all this gloomy and rainy weather in NY this week. *cries*"

The Wolf Biter, from Wolf Biter: Elliott Smith - Happiness, Everything Reminds Me of Her
"I can only pick one?? That's like asking which of my children* I love the most! *I don't have any kids. But I do cry a lot."

smrtmnky, from smrtmnky: Tori Amos - Winter
"For some reason it just brings up so much emotion still after all these years."

Rekanize, from Rock the Discontent - Telefon Tel Aviv - I Lied
"Rest in peace, comrade Mr. Cooper."

Louie, from MusicBoxMix: Fiona Apple - Love Ridden
"Amidst a puddle of melted mess to craft a diplomatic fuck you is best when it ends with a smile."

Cubik, from Cubikmusik: Johnny Cash
"Too much but oh so essential...I also cried to Beast in Me but [this] hits me more."

Get a Hud, from Scottish Friction: Jon Brion - Row
"I don't cry at songs, but I do get a wee twinge when I hear this song. And I always read it as 'Row' as in argument instead of 'Row' as in your boat. Makes it sadder somehow."

Anonymous: The Carpenters - A Song for You
"Karen Carpenter's smooth-as-honey voice mixed with killer lyrics equals not a dry eye in the house."

Sammy Bones: The String Quartet Tribute - With Or Without You (U2 cover)
"Yea, I'm gonna go there. This song is it."

Lydia: Celine Dion - All By Myself
"Because nothing is more depressing than admitting my love for this song; the waterworks are flowing right now."

Jacob: Dido - Grafton Street
"When I was in NYC in November, my boy gave me the new album as a parting gift (fittinginly named Safe Trip Home) devastatingly gorgeous & painful song. So many tears."


Thanks once again to all who participated. New theme gets announced at noon tomorrow!

mp3: The String Quartet - With or Without You (U2 cover)