My Gold Mask is a two-piece band from Chicago that started as a home recording project between singer/drummer, Gretta Rochelle, and guitarist, Jack Armondo. Art-nouveau pop-rock flows out of this talented duo with an eerie sense of ease.


What began as a handful of bathroom recordings, grew into a 9 song full length, eventually recorded on the South Side of Chitown.

I've had the distinct pleasure of listening to the enire album, and I nearly broke a sweat whilst doing so. Here's why. Intensity personified, Gretta's primal mix of half talking/singing is enough to make your toes tingle, while Jack creates the riffs that make your spine shake.

Imagine Siouxsie on her best and worst day at the same time, and there you have My Gold Mask. Genius.

Have at the track, Bitches, below. You're not going to want it to end.

mp3: My Gold Mask - Bitches