I refell in love with Metric all over again today. It had been too long since I listened to them, and I don't know why I strayed. But I dug up my catalogue of their stuff, and I need some fresh air after all that heat!


Between their debut in 2003 through 2005, they were everywhere. Soundtracks of arthouse movies, [M]TV appearances, playing solo piano shows in churches. They've always been fantastic for me, and as lead singer Emily Haines notes:

"It's all just the idea of don't freak out. Anything that happens to you is just your life getting lived."

Metric will be at the All Points West Festival in Jersey City on August 9. If anyone wants to hook me up with a ticket, you know, I wouldn't be mad at all.

And ladies, if you told me you didn't have a girl crush on Emily Haines, I'd call you a filthy liar. I do. And I'm not ashamed to admit it.

mp3: Metric - The Twist