As done for previous birth celebrations, this poor little gal decides to give the gift of song. And who better to give it to than my dear friend, Ridwah.


Tip of the cap to you sir; let the music infiltrate your soul...(beware paralytics, this is gonna get really dance heavy)

mp3: Army of Lovers - Crucified
All of my friends have an exorbitant amount of music knowledge. Overflowing even. But Ridwah is the only one who knows most all of the rarities trapped inside my little brain. Oftentimes, we'll try to stump each other by spouting off random songs we think the other won't know. He tried to get me with this one. Bitch, please...personal anthem much? Ha!

mp3: Madonna - Get Together
mp3: Madonna - Hollywood (Jacques Lu Cont's Thin White Duke Mix)
I know how much Ridwah loves Get Together. And I know he's a fan of this edit of Hollywood, so I had a hard time deciding which to choose. So I didn't. You get both, you spoiled brat! I remember the first time we were at a club and you heard the bell that starts off Get Together. This is going to sound really bad, but I thought it was awesome, so I'm recounting anyways. It was kind of like when you open a bag of dog food and the dog is sleeping, but then he hears the bag open and he immediately perks up, pauses, then runs to the location of said food. This was exactly what you did. Except the dog food was the bell in this song. And the location was the dancefloor. (whispers: and my heart...)

mp3: Beirut - Postcards From Italy
So, this isn't quite as dancey as the others, but you sir, are an expert in all things Beirut. And while I didn't so much care for them at first, you've helped me love the sexiness that is a muted trumpet. Plus you took me to their concert in Central Park last year and it was tops! Minus that dreaded out hippie who put her pit stink all over your knee.

mp3: Stacey Q - Insecurity
mp3: Laura Branigan - Self Control
mp3: Everything But the Girl - Missing (Todd Terry Remix)
Again, decisions are hard for me at this early hour. (that's what she said...zing!) In case you couldn't figure it out, these three songs are the standard jukebox favorites of ours that leave everyone else scratching their head, saying "What-a-a-?"

mp3: Robyn - Keep This Fire Burning
It would have been too easy to post With Every Heartbeat for you. So I dug a little deeper (well not that deep) and unearthed this beauty for you. I think it's a fair summation of our friendship, no?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RIDWAH...I LOVE YA!