The title of N.E.R.D.'s highly anticipated new album, Seeing Sounds, reminds me of a childhood song we used to sing.

It went like this

red and yellow and pink and green / purple and orange and blue
you can see a rainbow / see a rainbow / see a rainbow too
listen with your eyes / listen with your eyes
and see everything to see
you can see a rainbow / see a rainbow / see a rainbow too


All I know is that if I could listen with my eyes, we'd all be in BIG trouble.


Let's bring this back to the point. Seeing Sounds has come into my possession. Yes, I'm lucky enough to have been bestowed upon an advance copy. Do I want to post it? Yes. Have I reverted to wetting my pantaloons in fear of label heads striking down what has become (in my opinion) a daily source of good music for the masses? Again, yes.

Caution be damned. We've heard Everyone Nose (and the subsequent remixes). We've heard Spazz. Windows is the track I instantly enjoyed, although Anti Matter sounds like hit single material from the get-go.

I'm thinking that later today, I might do a track by track post so you can see sone sounds that I'll write about.

N.E.R.D.'s Seeing Sounds will be released on June 10, 2008 on Interscope Records. It's available in Germany tomorrow, June 6, which I'm assuming is how it came to break the dam. Be legal and buy it here.

Track List:
1 Intro/Time for Some Action
2 Everyone Nose (All the Girls Standing in the Line for the Bathroom)
3 Windows
4 Anti Matter
5 Spaz
6 Yeah You
7 Sooner or Later
8 Happy
9 Kill Joy
10 Love Bomb
11 You Know What
12 Laugh About It

mp3: N.E.R.D. - Windows
mp3: N.E.R.D. - Anti Matter