That's a super lame post title. But forgive me in my days of sickness and complete exhaustion, it made a shit ton of sense at the moment.


Doctor Rosen Rosen is a Brooklyn based singer/producer whose style reminds me of a Mike Patton-ish groove. I jumped over to his myspace, and sure enough, he is self-desctribed as a Patton-esque sound/performer as well.

Great minds DO think alike. Rock!

DRR was kind enough to get in contact with me earlier this week and invite me to come see his next performance. Before accepting the welcomed and appreciated invitation, I had to give my ears an appetizer as to what I could be in store for hearing.

I was pleasantly surprised, as with having nothing to judge this innovative artist on, no prejedgements could be made. The sound is very ambient (see thats where the post title comes...lame medicinal term as compared to an all encompassing sound...deal with it). It's ever present and heart pulsing without grating on a nerve.

After listening to all tracks of his available, I became super psyched to hit up his show next week. Apparently, he commands an army of microphones, keyboards, and turntables on stage all to the backdrop of a mesmerizing light show.

You had me at light show.

Doctor Rosen Rosen plays The Annex on May 9th at 9:00pm. (152 Orchard Street between Rivington & Stanton) I'm on the list +1. Anyone who wants to rock it out with me, you know what to do.


mp3:
Doctor Rosen Rosen - Eat, Pray, Fuck