This is somewhat of a departure from the typical music I've been featuring lately, but it's barely spring, and I've already found my summer song of 2008. Call me motivated. Or chalk it up to a chance stumbling upon this banger on myspace.


Lady GaGa proclaims, “Why can’t we just have a good time like they did in the disco days?” If her single Let's Dance is any indication of what can be expected on her debut album, The Fame (due out this summer), then anything less than a good time is not possible.

It's a bit of burlesque pop, with a dash of classic rock and electro. A helping hand on vocals from Colby O'Donis, and the magic touch of Akon doesn't hurt Lady GaGa's chances for leaping to super stardom. As an added accoutrement, the bending synths in the breakdown are perfectly paired with the pounding bass and spoken/rapped vocals of Lady GaGa.

Oh, and guys. She performs in her underwear.

With lyrics like "Wish I could shut my playboy mouth...how'd I turn my shirt inside out?" Let's Dance has quickly risen to the top of my most played list. I'm anxiously awaiting the release of The Fame to see what else she has in store. Her EP of Just Dance remixes is available on amazon this Tuesday, April 8.

As noted on her myspace, "Isn’t this why they built dance floors in the first place? Lady Gaga...Changing the world one sequin at a time..."


mp3: Lady GaGa - Just Dance