EGAD! What have we here? A non-music centrally-themed blog participating in Sheena Beaston's Featured Sites? (Oh, and how can one resist the incredible cuteness of mini ponies? Really. It just doesn't get much more adorable than that.)


PSaMP is the brainchild of my morally unconscious brother. I jest. He's moral, just not always conscious. I figured, why not let blood ties be blood ties, and pimp a brother and his site out. He has decent music taste, so we'll let him slide.

Brother, throw your knowledge all over the site...

1. What made you want to start a blog/music blog/when did you start your blog?
I started PSaMP just over a year ago, in mid-March of '07. The Penguins (my favorite hockey team) had just announced a 30-year deal to keep them in Pittsburgh, and I needed a place to express my feelings. I had been chatting about sports with friends for as long as I can remember, and thought starting a blog would be a next logical step. Its been over a year, and I can't be any happier with how its turned out thus far.


2. What are your top 5 favorite songs of all time?
Nick Drake - Time Has Told Me
Although, anything from "Five Leaves Left" would do.

Immortal Technique - Leaving the Past
"Hell is not a place you go, if you're not a Christian. It's the failure of your life's greatest ambition." Yes please.

Akir - One
The Remix with Immortal Technique is fantastic, but I gotta give love to the original.

Andrew W.K. - She Is Beautiful
His combination of simplicity and fun-loving freedom will never be duplicated.

Brand New - Me vs. Maradona vs. Elvis
One of the best structured songs I've ever heard.

So many others, though. I'll look back on this and hate all those that I forgot. Any Phill Collins, Bone Thugs, Blackalicious, Gift of Gab, Saigon, Polyphonic Spree, Classic Rock...the list goes on and on...


3. What is your ideal band formation…can be anyone alive or dead, from any genre. Must include at least a lead singer, lead guitar, bass guitar and drummer. (Bonus points for backup singers/keyboardists. keytarists/etc….)
Nick Drake singing, Prince on guitar, Les Claypool on bass and Andrew W.K. on the drums. I would pay great money to see that band. Bone Thugs on backing vocals. I just sharted.


4. Any other blogs, music or non-music related, that you recommend going to on a regular basis?
I don't visit music blogs frequently, but I'll throw a sports-bone to the music-loving readers out there. Deadspin and The Big Lead are great for multi-sport coverage. Kissing Suzy Kolber, With Leather, Awful Announcing and Larry Brown Sports are must-reads. Pittsburgh-wise, I suggest One For The Other Thumb and The Pensblog. Sports fans...there is an unbelievable amount of coverage out there. Don't just settle for ESPN.


5. Any guilty pleasure songs that you might not readily admit to liking?
Mariah Carey's Don't Forget About Us remix. Anything Usher, especially Confessions pt. 2 Remix. And StickWitU. SHUT UP NOW.


6. Who's next?
I've been a huge fan of Akir for the longest, but I don't want him to blow up, I guess. We all have those artists that we love and we alone love. When they blow up, they become less of "yours" and more of "everybody's." I read a review that said he was doing a better Nas than Nas himself. And its the truth. He has the talent to be "next," but I'll be content with no one else knowing him.


Sassy little answers there bro...now if sports and or the prevalence of miniature equine interest any of you, head on over to PSaMP!