Watch out or Sheila will choke on the nut! (This won't make any sense to any of you other than the sassafrass little lady who I'm about to feature.)


A Blog of a Good Time is the coherent ramblings of a genius gal from western PA. Ms. Julie Gong and I went to college together. And when I say "went to college", I mean we skipped lots of glasses to play tennis and lay out and bask in the sun. She's the only person I've ever been intimidated to challenge to a dance-off because I've seen her bust out triple splits, and as you can imagine, they are nothing short of AMAZING.

She has a PFK (peachy f*cking keen) knowledge of music, so why not listen to what she has to say below.


1. What made you want to start a blog/music blog/when did you start your blog?
It's more like who made me start the blog. Two words, L and F. (the initials of a close friend who shall remain nameless). She told me about blogging back when blogs were still little babies. Such a trend setter. I resisted as long as I could and initially started out writing 3 sentence little blurbs about green olives and sneezing on myself. Then while watching Bug Juice on the Disney channel one night I became inspired and decided I had some really important things to say about the lives of those campers. It just sort of grew from there and became an outlet for all the things I wanted to talk about but no one else really cared to hear about. Someone told me the other day that when they first started reading they thought I was this free-spirited 35 year old woman with a really wonderful open-minded approach to life and were shocked to discover I was in my early 20's. I thought that was interesting because I'm pretty sure 35 year olds know where to put commas. Anyway... I write about a bunch of random nonsense that makes up my every day life. And I kept it going mostly for myself so I could always have those little odd moments I've been collecting the past four years to cherish and show my unborn children, Jack and Madison, just how retarded their Mama was.


2. What are your top 5 favorite songs of all time?
While I love me a good top 5 list, these are in random order.

A-Ha - Take On Me - Do not hate on this song. Seriously! You'll get a punch in the face if you try and say it is "cliche" It reminds me of my Dad. Awh...

Coldplay - Clocks - I saw them in concert a few years ago and thought I was going to explode hearing the power behind that opening piano riff.

U2 - With or Without You - Maybe it's because it marked the first moment Rachel and Ross together. Or maybe it's because I love a man in shades. Either way I just love the song.

Dave Matthews Band - Crash - I enjoy the acoustic version a little more but any version reminds me of my freshman year of high school.

Etta James - At Last - Every word Etta sings I've felt about someone before. She makes falling in love feel so much more real.


3. What is your ideal band formation…can be anyone alive or dead, from any genre. Must include at least a lead singer, lead guitar, bass guitar and drummer. (Bonus points for backup singers/keyboardists. keytarists/etc….)
Holy smokes, this is hard. I might be the worst person in the world to ask these sort of questions too. Especially because I have like 47 people I want to put at each spot. It would be like Julie Gong and The Polyphonic Spree. Only we wouldn't wear those stupid colored smocks or whatever you call them. Those things altar boys wear? What am I even talking about? Ok my band...

Lead Singer
: Mama Cass
Backup Singers: T-Boz, Justin Timberlake, Judy Garland (She probably doesn't count but her voice melts my heart into puddles)
Lead Guitar: Nancy Wilson and Prince
Bass Guitar: Sting (Mostly because he is the only person I can think of who plays bass)
Drummer: Meg White
Whatever It Is That They Do: Daft Punk
Keytarist: Justin Timberlake (He's working hard for his money. I saw him play a mean keytar in concert)
Back Up Dancers: Michael Jackson, Chris Brown, Ann Miller, and the little girl from those Missy videos

I think this is the most random band in history. And would probably be different if I had more time to think about it. I was really struggling with the singers. I just have so many faves!


4. Any other blogs, music or nohttp://www.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gifn-music related, that you recommend going to on a regular basis?
Music: I check out Hipster Runoff and Panda Toes on a daily basis.

Non Music: Your Beard is Good kills me. And The Typing Makes Me Sound Busy has become a new obsession.


5. Any guilty pleasure songs that you might not readily admit to liking?
I despise country. Loathe it. If I could make a deal with someone that wiped out country music for the rest of history and in return I could only listen to Nickelback or Creed I would do it because I knew I'd be saving millions of people from having to endure the pain that is country music. Having said that, on occasion I've sung along to a few Rascal Flats songs. I can't even believe I just wrote that. I have to go punch myself in the face now.


6. Who's next?
I totally have a lady boner for She & Him, MGMT, and Ra Ra Riot right now. These three bands are in constant rotation for me. You could say MGMT already "blew up" because I heard their song Weekend Warriors in a commercial for a movie so maybe they don't count but I still like them bunches. She & Him I have a feeling will go far especially with the one-two combo of M. Ward and Zooey Deschanel. And Ra Ra Riot just sounds like heaven to me. I'm hoping to catch the show when they come in the Burgh in April.

Julie Gong says: Thanks for letting me participate and procrastinate from doing actual work for a while!

Always glad to be of service, and a hearty tip of the cap to you, madam. Now, why don't the rest of you procrastinate a little more and check out A Blog of a Good Time!