Last time, you nuts went crazy letting us in on your Best Song to Sing in the Shower [post seen here], and we thought the submissions might slow down headed into our third week of these. But that's so not the case.

Who doesn't recall those fond memories of braces, fruit punch, and dances in the school gymnasium. And there was always that one track that was the...


As per usual, I'll kick it off with my pick, so that you may laugh at me, and then read on to much better choices.

Sheena Beaston, of this site duh: P.M. Dawn - I'd Die Without You
"Perfect to finger snap to if you were one of the ones who couldn't really dance."

Kid Sister, rap artist: anything by Color Me Badd
"..."

Fake Zero, DJs: Red Hot Chili Peppers - Under The Bridge
"That's the song that comes to mind."

Jess, of Spinner: Boyz II Men - End Of the Road
"..."

Jeff, of thecultureofme: Snow - Informer
"Because nothing says middle school like suburban white kids pogoing and trying to rap along to a suburban white Canadian [rapper]."

Pasta Primavera, of Pasta Primavera: Boyz II Men - It's So Hard to Say Goodbye
"Brings a tear to my eye."

Louie, of MusicBoxMix: BlackStreet - No Diggity (remix)
"Back in those days I didn't have game by the pound, but I was fo sho' trynna bag it up!"

Hipster Overkill, of Hipster Overkill: Tevin Campbell - Can We Talk
"..."

Luis, of Pretty Much Amazing: Fall Out Boy - Dance, Dance
"The cute video says it all."


Christina, of bebo: Sir Mix A-Lot - I Like Big Butts
"While I hate to say it, this is the perfect excuse for the hormonal, pre-pubescent tween in everyone to come out."

Emma, of The World in a Paper Cup: All 4 One - I Swear
"This has sent me down a pretty strange memory lane...there were so many to cull through but this one was the one I first danced the zombie sway to..."

TJ, of Viva La Mainstream: Sarah McLachlan - Memory
"Played at the end of every dance from 7th grade till I graduated."

Matt, DJ Maticulous: Spandau Ballet - True
"This song got me a dance with an 8th grader, I was in 5th...maybe she felt bad for me?"

Jacob, of The Bukkake Files: 69 Boyz - Tootsie Roll
"As soon as I heard this track, I went from Geek to Geek ... with a sense of rhythm."

metschick, of The Merry Widow: Jodeci - Come & Talk to Me
"It made for easy flirting. Still makes me feel like dancing up close to a guy."

Den, of Bangers and Trash: Venga Boys - Boom Boom Boom Boom
"I had to do it - you know its true."

Jennifer, of Adventures in Solitude: Kings of Convenience - I'd Rather Dance With You
"It's crazily sweet fun song, and it does convey my message about not talking; just the dancing will do... without even talking myself eh!"

Julie Gong, of A Blog of a Good Time: All 4 One - I Swear
"Nothing says middle school dance like a silk shirt, pegged jeans, and All-4-One"

Brenden, of In Search of Arcadia Ace of Base - All That She Wants
"I seem to remember dancing to that with the girl who is now my WIFE to that in middle school."

Jesper, of The Lemur Blog: Pacific! - Number One
"This will sound pedophilic, but I wish that I could walk into the school dance, holding 14-year old Peggy Sue in the hand, forget about the world and everyone around and dance the night away as if it was 1984 to this sassy-sweet hit-blast, drowning in a mixture of twinkling disco lights, electropopbeats and her eyes of deep blue."

Dan, of amfmpm: K-Ci and JoJo's - All My Life
"I swear, that "and I tha-a-ank God" part of the chorus will actually harmonize with the sound of socks squeaking on a darkened gymnasium floor"

Neena, of DC Steeler Nation: Silk - Freak Me
"I went to a relatively stuffy private school, and apparently no one vetted the deejay or his songs...we knew all the words and the teachers were appalled."

WestSideGuy: Sheriff - When I'm With You
"I can't count how many times I danced to this song with my middle school fag hag; she would be staring wistfully at her gf while I was lusting hard after my frackin' studly gym teacher."

James: Rock Lobster - B-52s
"Everyone looks like an ass dancing to this so no one is an outsider."

Once again, we have to thank each and every one of you for taking a few minutes out of your day to send us your entries.

NOTE: this week's topic will be announced tomorrow, April 21st at noon! Stay tuned chaps.

mp3: Silk - Freak Me (VLRNA remix)
mp3: Ace Of Base - All That She Wants (The Disco Villains remix)