You lusty little kiddos, you! The response to this was utterly amazing, and still kind of leaves us speechless. That said, there is no reason to keep babbling on, because you have a hefty dose of reading material below. 26 genius answers to the question, "WHAT IS THE....


Let's kick it off with my ridicness...slores of the world, unite!

Sheena Beaston, of this site, duh: TLC - Ain't to Proud to Beg
"...because I'm probably down on my knees anyway"

JD Samson, of Le Tigre/MEN: Sebastien Tellier - La Ritournelle
"The version that starts with drums and is 7:39...not that other crappy one."

WafflesGirls, of Waffles and Falafels: Naughty by Nature - Hip Hop Hooray
"..."

Mickey, from White Arrows: Dolly Parton - 9 to 5
"Because I go from 9 to 5, then I stumble to the kitchen to pour myself a cup of ambition."

Jeff, of the culture of me: Sneaker Pimps - Post-Modern Sleaze
"As the last time we remember putting on music to bang to, it was way back in the days of downtempo."

Matt, of The Music Slut: The Presets - Steamworks
"..."

Luis, of Pretty Much Amazing: Does It Offend You, Yeah? - With A Heavy Heart (I Regret To Inform You)
"Didn't you watch Gossip Girl? Dan and Ms. Carr totally f*cked to this song. It was amazing."

Zoƫ, of bigMETHOD: The Blow - Hey Boy
"Why kid myself? He's obvs not gonna call me again anyway."

JessieCrumbs, of Spinner: Portishead - Roads
"At age 15, I kissed a girl to this song and I liked it."

Anthony, of Tastes Like Caramel: Hooverphonic - 2wicky
"Trip hop + Isaac Hayes sample + Jealous lyrics = I own you"

Brad, of MuuMuse: Britney Spears - Breathe On Me
"Because any song that features a Lauren Bacall line from 1944's classic To Have and Have Not probably deserves a little heavy petting as well."

Taylor, of Music for Ants: John Paul Young - Love Is In The Air
"I like to make love to a tape recording of myself singing Love Is In The Air b y John Paul Young."

The Lemur, of The Lemur Blog: Aphex Twin - Donkey Rhubarb
"It's rhythmic, has some sort of Angloistic quality in the tinkling melody and is definitely an underestimated alternative BANGER!"

Ryan, of Take Me to Your Music: Portishead - Machine Gun
"It challenges you to keep up with the beat, and if you do, you've got mad skills."

Julie Gong, of A Blog of a Good Time: Britney Spears - Breathe On Me
"Because I seriously almost had to go bang someone just listening to it now in my office."

Elaine, of Seriously Rad: Jay-Z - Big Pimpin'
"I mean, who wouldn't be big pimpin' on B.L.A.P.'s??"

eL7e: Nine Inch Nails - Closer
"I like it dir-tay."

Jessica, of Go Meat Yourself: H-Town - Knockin Da Boots
"And if I got to explain it even more, then you got bigger problems than choosing a fuck playlist."

Dan, of amfmpm: The Isley Brothers - Between the Sheets
"B.I.G. was on the right track sampling this for Big Poppa, but better just to keep the attitude than to play the dangerous game of casually telling girls they should be having my baby."

TJ, of Viva La Mainstream: Radiohead - Airbag
"Can't really explain how or why but that crazy complex beat is awesome for fucking to, plus Radiohead might be the answer to everything."

Rekanize: Chris Isaak - Wicked Game
"But only if everything is in black & white."

metschick, of The Merry Widow: Nine Inch Nails - Closer
"For, um, serious fun in bed."

Steve, of Steve is Alive: Ine Kamoze - Here Comes the Hotstepper
"Clearly, the best."

Johnny the Anomaly, of Carpe Noctem: Sade - No Ordinary Love (Pook Love remix)
"I'm grown & sexy like that + I still take too much E."

Hanna: Dazz Band - Let it Whip (B. Cause Prowlin' half time rework)
"Because I have a whip and I know how to use it."

Ronnie: Toni Braxton - You're Makin' Me High
"Because private parts are getting touched; tempatures are rising; we are touching the sky......flying......ecstasy.....oh....ah...oh....ah.....ooooooh!"

Jacob: Kings of Leon - Sex on Fire
"They were on SNL, performing this, the first night I spent with my boy in Manhattan."


mp3: Dazz Band - Let It Whip (B.Cause Prowlin Half-Time Rework)
mp3: Sade - No Ordinary Love (Pook Love remix)
mp3: The Blow - Hey Boy

This week's "Best Song To..." call-for-entries will be posted tomorrow, Tuesday April 7 at noon.