Today marks the anniversary of the birth of one of the world's most beloved and iconic characters in children's television. Mister Rogers was an American educator, songwriter and host of the popular Mister Rogers Neighborhood on PBS for 33 years.


I have yet to come across a soul that didn't love, cherish and respect the man. He also wore the heck out of a cardigan and some canvas kicks.

I proposed this idea to a number of people yesterday: wear your favorite [or any] cardigan today to celebrate and commemorate the life of Mister Rogers today!

mp3: Mister Rogers - Wont You Be My Neighbor

Fun fact: Mister Rogers was born in Latrobe, PA, roughly 40 minutes from where I grew up. Latrobe is also the city of my college alma mater, which now boasts The Fred M. Rogers Center, the only "green" building on the campus.