I'll admit that I am relatively new to the sounds of Marina and the Diamonds. And I'll also fess up to being completely infatuated with her sound.


Her voice is reminiscent of an early 80's Heart fronted Ann Wilson mixed with Kate Bush; full of power and overwhelmingly passionate.

I immediately fell in love with the track The Shampain Sleeper. It's definitely one to play on repeat. With a distinctive throw back sound while remaining mondo relevant and timely (complete with hand claps to boot!), both this song and artist have to be one of my hot finds for the year so far.

I haven't seen a whole lot written elsewhere about Marina and the Diamonds, so let's change that. Hit up her MySpace, leave her a pretty comment, grab the track below, and spread the word.

Holy shitballs, this is really good music.

mp3: Marina and the Diamonds - The Shampain Sleeper