That was a low blow, but I love ya Lindsay! Today marks your glorious debut into your earthly being. And what a being you are!


Sadly, I am unable to attend your festivities tonight, seeing as how they are in LA and my sorry little butt is perched in NYC. To remedy not having a physical present/presence to bestow upon you, let's get sentimental with it!

I give you, the songs that shaped our friendship/were highly relevant at specific times during, well, specific times.

mp3: Ghostface Killah - Cherchez la Ghost
You know what. I'm not 100% sure how we got so hooked on this song. But it always seemed that after 3 back-to-back-to-back viewings of Half Baked, we'd always pop this song on. I think my ass imprint was permanently embedded in the wheat couch. Regardless, I still love this song and I always think of those moments when it comes on.

mp3: Missy Elliott (featuring Eve) - 4 My People
Jaras and Ray (your downstairs neighbors) absolutely loathed when we played this song cause it made us krump all the livelong day. Literally. We played this all day every day for a solid 6 months. Oh how we loved the line "Show me some love, strip off your clothes, and take off your socks..."

mp3: Quiet Riot - Cum on Feel the Noize
This is a rare one. You may or may not remember this, but I do with great precision. Which is odd considering the circumstances. Myself, yourself and Heidi began a game of "Pantsless Coffee Table Pong". 1. We didn't have a regular board so we used that black table that everyone signed with silver Sharpies. 2. So we decided to make everyone play with no pants on either. (I vividly recall Andrea wearing a pair of bright yellow smiley face undies.) To get to the point/song, it was insisted (by you, you delightful little lady) that this was to be blasted every time we won. Which was like every game.

mp3: Divinyls - I Touch Myself
Pervs, get your head out of the gutter. 2 words. DAISY. DONOVAN. "When I think about you I t-o-u-c-h myself!" I remember the first time you and I waxed poetic about that show. We were taking a, ahem, walk around Union Square area before going to see Jesus is Magic. We laughed so hard we cried at the genius that DD is/was. Somehow I also thought it was a good idea to sit on that stoop outside of the police station. Good times.

This last one is not a song, so much as it is a TRIBUTE.




HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINDSAY. LOVE YA!