As we tend to do while driving into southern Jersey (as done this past Saturday to visit my parents), my brother, sister, her fiance, and I turn our conversations to hilarious things we see on the side of the interstate, but ultimately, it's music that we jump all over.


Normally, it's the sorts of music that we haven't listened to in quite, quite, quite a long time. (for example: 'twas why I posted 911 on Saturday) Or a song that we wouldn't typically admit to liking. Here are some of the gems we waxed poetic about as we traveled down I-95.

Brother's Song Choice
mp3:
Enigma - Return to Innocence
You know this song whether you think you do or not. Go back 8-10 years and recall that commercial for the first installment of the Pure Moods album. "Aay, aay ay, oh why, oh ay, aay, ay..." Yep, that's the rub.

Sister's Song Choice
mp3:
Jordin Sparks - Tattoo
In good conscience I couldn't post this track. (Although there was a brief moment that my ailing voice was belting it out alongside my sister.) So no, you're not getting the real song. The Jason Nevins remix is so much better for dancing machines like myself. And there you have it.

Sister's Fiance's Song Choice
mp3:
Ladytron - International Dateline
Apologies to S's F. This was the best I could do for him. I was sleeping, but I did hear him throw on Ladytron and this was the one track I caught a glimpse of. Plus, he took me to their concert this past Wednesday, so congrats, sir. You have the least embarrassing track out of all of us!

My Song Choice
mp3:
Moby & Gwen Stefani - Southside
If you were to tell me you didn't completely dig this song when it came out, I would call you a liar. And how would I know you were lying. It would be any time your lips were moving, suckas! I really do enjoy this though, no matter what you say.