Earlier this week, I posted a jaunty little tune from Green Velvet.

Today, I'm about to blow your mind with a tenacious tribe of talented tuneage, that the GV reminded me of.


Steve Aoki released his mixtape, Pillowface and His Airplane Chronicles, back on January 22. Since then, I've pretty much been playing it nonstop. He's got all my favorite people on it. Here's quick rundown:

Green Velvet, Uffie, MSTRKRFT, Klaxons, Justice, Pase Rock, Yelle, Mickey Avalon..and that's just to name a few.

Honestly, Mr. Aoki, may I please be friends with you?

One track has got me jumping out of my jeans at a moment's notice. The super DJ takes the song Lowlife by Scanners and institutes his own brand of Aoki-ness into it. Guest drop by Uffie perfectly compliments the track. (even though word around the blogworld is that her verse is unnecessary...to those people, I say, GOOD DAY!)

mp3: Scanners, Steve Aoki, Uffie - Lowlife (LA Riots Remix)