Known for shunning publicity, Sally Shapiro (the pseudonym to her birth-given Swedish name) does not want to perform live. And that's fine with me, so long as she keeps making the 80's electrobeat Italo disco influenced sounds that I love. (There's a hot SS track below, but frankly, I used this modern day performer to segue to one of my favorite Italo disco acts of the 1970's. Sorry, Sally. I still love you.)


Adriano Celentano and Raffaella Carra hooked up in mid-70's Italy to form a rock-disco combination that was unmatchable (and they were not publicity shy by any means at all). The U.S. had Sonny and Cher with there pop-disco. Sweden had ABBA and their disco-disco. But Italy was the clear front runner when it came to innovation and ingenuity.

To this day, I have absolutely NO idea how to pronounce the title of this song of theirs: Prisencolinesunaciusol 70'. What I DO know, is that it puts a large smile on my face whenever I watch the video or listen to the song. Honestly, if you attempt to watch said video and do not smile, go to your doctor and ask to be prescribed an MOAI Inhibitor, because you are more than likely depressed.

Adriano looks completely bangable in his mock-hobo getup and Raffaella was the definition of sex on heels in the era.





mp3: Adrianao Celentano & Raffaella Carra - Prisencolinesunaciusol 70'


mp3: Sally Shapiro - He Keeps Me Alive