How can you not like someone who has the balls to walk away from their music label based in principle?

JoyLuv did just that, and it seems to be only for the best.


Born in the Lower East Side of Manhattan, JoyLuv is a lifelong New Yorker. Inspired by her parents, Joy began singing and playing music as soon as she could talk. At the age of 15, Joy began her career as a professional musician when she landed a job with a major New York record label as a producer, engineer and vocal stylist. (from her myspace)

I came across her song, Heartbeat, on one of my whirlwind random excursions around myspace. And I couldn't be happier with what I heard, which is why I'm sharing with you.

With a heart valve pumping beat, and electronic tidbits behind a clear voice, the song has the potential to become an underground hit.

JoyLuv performs with Fergie, Sean Kingston and Sophistafunk tomorrow, April 22 in Syracuse at The Carrier Dome.

mp3: JoyLuv - Heartbeat