We're getting nostalgic in a minute.

Ready? Go!

Two of the first posts I concocted on this site mentioned Erasure and Neon Neon in completely different contexts.



As I have quite the penchant for doing lately, it's Saturday morning, and I am awake all too early. So begins my music quest for the day. An Erasure song came on my shuffled playlist right after a Neon Neon one. When I first heard Neon Neon last year, I thought they sounded a a bit Erasure-ish, but dismissed it since they were still new and finding their groove.

Now today, the similarities in production vale, vocal quality, and all around fulfilling meaty songs are more prevalent than ever.

With a propensity for synths, keys and vocoders, both duos place rising vocals and tight harmonies over electropop layers that seem effortlessly placed together.

Erasure's Breath of Life is an uptempo synthpop song, in which its dance music elements were strongly accentuated for the remixes. You Surround Me is a heavily-synthesized ballad with a dramatic chorus featuring singer Andy Bell's falsetto. The track was not released in the United States. It also might be the sexiest song I have ever heard.

Neon Neon's first single, Raquel, was released on in late November of 2007. Their next single, I Lust U, pairs guest vocals with Cate Le Bon, capping off the song perfectly. Many of the duo's songs favor the "sleazy electro-pop dirty lyrics licking crawling on top of filthy keyboards", and I'm perfectly ok with that.

Have a listen for yourself. Let me know what you think here.

mp3: Erasure - Breath of Life


mp3: Erasure - You Surround Me


mp3: Neon Neon - I Lust You


mp3: Neon Neon - Raquel