At 14, I was rocking some fierce Keds, probably a lacy dress my mom insisted I wear, and was absolutely making a killing on the local babysitting market.

I only wish I could have been this cool.


Smoosh, who have been making music since the tender ages of 10 and 12, are two sisters who would more than likely not stand for the whole above scenario. Rather, trade in their skirts and kittens for drum sets and keys.

They've been around for a little while (sad, I know...and what have I done with my life in this time). Their first album, She Like Electric, came out in 2004 and included the song Rad, which I totally dug. Then totally despised knowing that preteens were responsible for it.

Then I dug it again, and I still do. Get down with Rad, and then think about what you're doing with YOUR lives.

mp3: Smoosh - Rad