In a series of related/not so related events...I need to have a moment of silence to the mothers, fathers, grandparents, lovers and friends that have since passed.

The lyrics from Santogold's song L.E.S. Artistes seemed to ring true in coincidence with everything this day means as well as upcoming dates for others.

Without keeping it too sentimental (I don't like to express such things through such a public forum), I'd much rather discuss Santogold.

She's been receiving a lot of attention on the music blog circuit and I was an instant fan. As one of my coworker exclaimed, "She's like a calm M.I.A. mixed with Cyndi Lauper." I can totally get behind that. (Thanks MMMT!) When I told my office lover, Ridwah, about that declaration, he waffled around it at first, as he is a Lauper fan through and through. After a few more listens, he caved and agreed with the resemblance.

Does she have the best voice? No, but that's ok.
Is the production the best? Best is a stretch, but it is tops.
The video, is it one of the all time greats? It's up there for me.

For now, let's just bask in the goodness, of being introverts and excavators.

Santogold's album comes out on April 22, 2008.

mp3: Santogold - L.E.S. Artistes (XXXChange Remix)