Must give mad propers to my pal Julie Gong.

I had all but since forgotten about an artist I was keeping an eye on a ways back, but she jogged my memory when she had this lass listed as her "Song of the Day" earlier this week.


Estelle is a female English hip-hop artist, singer and producer. She was born in West London to a Senegalese mother and a father from Grenada.

Gaining respect as a featured artist on projects with John Legend and Natasha Bedingfield, Estelle is now recognized as the master of her own record label, Stellar Ents and has released her own material through this.

I, along with other Estelle aficionados, have patiently been waiting for new album, Shine to be released. The forthcoming album is rumoured to feature production from the likes of Will.I.Am, Wyclef Jean, Mark Ronson, Cee-lo, Swizz Beatz and John Legend.

Kanye West is also featured on track American Boy which has been receiving intense airplay in the UK. Yanks are slow to come around, but I;ve been hearing it in bits and pieces around the lower part of the island.

Estelle will be touring with Wyclef Jean with tour dates TBA.

Estelle & Kanye West - American Boy